12.08.2005

I am not paid to care

I don't know why people think that I am. I exist here to answer your
call and either transfer you to the appropriate person (or the
appropriate person's voice mail box), or take a SHORT message. I
can't provide legal advice, and the sum total of what I can do for you
is deliver a message between "he wants to speak to you when you get
the chance" and "he really needs to speak with you as soon as
possible". If you want to tell me what this is basically about so
that your attorney can get the proper papers together, that's fine.
If it's more than three sentences though, tell it to your lawyer, or
his voice mail.

What brought this on was this s--l--o--w-- --t--a--l--k--i--n--g, old
woman who sounded two steps short of crazy cat lady. She had me, the
receptionist, on the phone for over TEN MINUTES. I don't need the
multi-year history of your case, I just need you to tell me who to
transfer you to.

/rant off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home