Breaking people of bad habits...
...is really hard to do, even when it's just habits about how they operate their computers. Like double-clicking on links in one's web browser of choice. It's just a pet peeve, and it (usually) doesn't mess things up too badly, but it really bothers me. On a more productivity-sapping note, for some reason, the people in this office were, for some reason, taught to use the open file dialogue box of their word processing program as their file manager. Needless to say, it does not work well, and considering that Windows has a relatively functional file manager built in ("My Computer" anyone?), there is no reason for anyone to use their word processor. However, every time I try to disabuse someone of the notion of the open file file manager, I am met with resistance, bordering on hostility. This notion is so deeply ingrained here that I was today asked how to "store a file in [word processing program]"‽ Not "on the hard drive". Not "on the network". In the [word processing program]. I need a LART


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home