12.15.2005

Short end of the stick

I somehow feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick here. The
other person who's job overlaps mine is out today, and I'm picking up
the slack, which means doing things I'm not exactly trained to do. On
top of this, I'm filling in for another attorney's receptionist (he
shares space for us). Do I get anything in return for the increased
workload? No. But I do it anyway.

To top things off, I'm also turning into on-site IT support here, yet
I get no extra pay for my specialized skills. If I end up building a
web site too, I think I might have to ask for more money.

Unrelatedly, there are times I wish I could put people on penalty
hold, but our phone system rings the call on hold back every minute or
two, which gets to be a pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home